Detail photos set the stage for the aesthetic of your wedding day. I love arriving at a wedding and getting started with detail photos. It’s a great way for me to warm up my creative side for the rest of the day. Plus, you spend so much time (and money) picking and deciding on these details, so it’s important that they get captured! And, if you are looking for a way to incorporate any heirloom items that are meaningful to you, detail shots are the way to go.
To make this process hiccup-free, I ask brides to set aside a “detail box” before their wedding day. This box can include any details you want to be captured. Detail shots are the best way to showcase your wedding day colors and aesthetic that you’ve spent months planning. To make sure you get these gorgeous shots, I recommend setting aside the following items leading up to your wedding day.
A lot of these items will already be present on the day of, but a few of these will need to be packed up ahead of time in order to include them in your detail shots. I recommend looking through this list and bringing all the items that relate to you!
1. Wedding dress and veil.
2. Wedding invitation suite. Save the date, wedding invitation, envelope, and any other ribbons or materials the suite was mailed in.
3. Bride and groom’s shoes.
4. Accessories from the couple. The bride’s jewelry, and the groom’s cufflinks, tie, boutonniere, and watch.
5. Perfume and cologne.
6. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
7. Rings, all 3 of them. Don’t worry we will get them all back to you!
8. Ring boxes.
9. Vow books.
10. Bouquet. It’s also a good idea to ask the florist for some extra florals for the detail shots.
11. Family heirlooms or any items with special meaning.
I hope this list helped you decide what items to bring for your detail shots! If you’re looking for some more wedding planning advice, check out “How To Have a Stress Free Wedding.” If you’re looking for a photographer to capture your wedding day, click here. I would love to chat!
“Sierra is an awesome designer! I absolutely love the invitations she created for us. She is professional and prompt with communication as well as patient and understanding with edits and revisions. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we were not able to get certain papers in but she offered us some creative alternatives. She also facilitated the calligraphy service for the envelope addressing and place cards. The calligrapher, Beth, did a fabulous job as well! Overall I have been beyond pleased with using Sierra for our invitations and would highly recommend her!”
– Carla Kowski